Stock Image: Black Metallic
Best In Class Performance At An Unbeatable Price
• The YFZ450 offers great value – true 450cc class performance at 400cc class price.
• Significantly more low and midrange performance compared with the previous YFZ450 model, yet with the same peak power output thanks to revised cam profile and timing and new ignition mapping. Throttle lever effort is lighter than before for all-day riding comfort.
• Lightweight, ultra-compact steel frame with aluminum sub frame give the new YFZ450 awesome flexibility.
• Just like its YFZ cousins, the new YFZ450 has great handling characteristics the family is known for.
• The YFZ450 comes standard with pushbutton electric starting, a convenient flip-type parking brake and suspension calibrated for performance.
• A plethora of GYTR® accessories are readily available for this machine.
• 449cc liquid-cooled, DOHC four-stroke with five valves features 95mm bore and 63.4mm stroke for massive power with high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear throttle response.
• A large 42mm Mikuni® BSR carburetor delivers precise fuel/air mixing and crisp throttle response with low throttle lever effort.
• Smooth-shifting YZ-spec ratchet-type five-speed transmission and heavy-duty clutch deliver all that power to the rear tires with maximum efficiency.
• Large-capacity radiator is optimally mounted in the frame to guard against damage.
• Reliable pushbutton electric start in any gear adds extra convenience.
• Additional weight-saving engine features include: magnesium cylinder head cover and right-side crankcase cover.
• Dry-sump engine carries oil in an aluminum tank directly in front of the engine for excellent cooling and optimal protection from rocks or mud.
• Large capacity airbox features no-tool access to the extra large oiled dual-foam filter for easy maintenance.
• Independent aluminum upper A-arm front suspension features 9.1 inches of travel.
• Rear suspension system uses YZ-linkage type, controlled by a piggyback shock with 10.6 inches of travel.
• Dual hydraulic front brakes with 127mm discs and class-exclusive, dual-piston hydraulic 173mm rear disc provide strong braking capability with progressive control and feel.
• The wheel has been designed with the inner lip rolled in. This increases the rigidity, allowing a reduction in weight while maintaining strength.
• High-performance 21x7-10 front and 20x10R9 rear Dunlop® radials, designed specifically for the YFZ450, deliver superb, class-leading traction.
• Ultra-rigid cast aluminum swingarm reduces unsprung weight and provides optimal suspension action.
• Long travel out back means an excellent ride and handling.
• Eccentric chain adjuster mechanism simplifies that job.
• Long, low, and narrow YZ-style seat enhances the quick, balanced steering and optimal rider movement.
• Rugged steel 45mm foot rests provide excellent grip and rider comfort.
• Large-capacity, 2.6-gallon fuel tank provides excellent range.
• Dual 30-watt multireflector Krypton headlights set back in the front cowl add the perfect menacing appearance. 21/5W taillight is tough, and incorporates a brakelight for added convenience.